I’m probably the first attorney you’ll meet who loves bluegrass, football and a 3-legged pit bull named Roz. I also love my work because it allows me to help folks plan for their futures or walk through some of the hardest times of their lives, and I consider it a blessing to be able to be a part of the solution.
I was raised in Sterling, Virginia, a DC suburb. When my mother died unexpectedly at age 46, I served as executor of her estate and as guardian for my grandfather and great aunt, so I learned firsthand how daunting the legal system can be during periods of grief.
I moved to Charlotte in 1991 as part of a church planting team and graduated magna cum laude from UNC-Charlotte in 1995 with Bachelor’s degrees in history and political science. I was fortunate to be accepted to Wake Forest University School of Law where I was active in the Moot Court Board and represented Wake Forest in local and national competitions. While at Wake Forest, I participated in the Legal Clinic for the Elderly before my graduation in 1998.
Since graduation, I have worked in insurance defense where I tried jury trials on a weekly basis, but I missed working with seniors and their families as I had been able to do in law school. In 2006, Jennefer Garrity and I founded Garrity & Gossage, LLP to provide estate planning, probate and elder law services.
Oh, and here’s Roz.
- North Carolina
- Eastern District of NC
- Middle District of NC
- Western District of NC
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Upcoming Events and Presentations
- Sept. 30: Women, Wine, & Wisdom - Retirement planning at The Black Chicken.
- Nov. 18: Women, Wine, & Wisdom - The Sandwich Generation at The Black Chicken.
- Call 704-841-0661 for details or to schedule a presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in History and Political Science, UNC-Charlotte, 1995, magna cum laude
- Juris Doctor, Wake Forest School of Law, 1998
- NC State Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Vice President, Matthews Chamber Board of Directors
- Treasurer, Charlotte Village Network
- Past-chair, Matthews HELP Center